What is LOTEFLAM Eye Drops used for?
LOTEFLAM Eye Drops is used to reduce the swelling, redness, and pain in the eye.
LOTEFLAM Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOTEFLAM Eye Drops work?
LOTEFLAM Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called ophthalmic corticosteroids. This drug acts by inhibiting the inflammation by inducing the production of lipocortin, which controls the inflammatory activity of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in reducing the inflammation.
How to use LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LOTEFLAM Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instill LOTEFLAM Eye Drops eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Before using the medication, read the instructions provided on the leaflet along with the medicine.
What are the drugs that interact with LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
Smallpox vaccine is known to interact with LOTEFLAM Eye Drops. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of LOTEFLAM Eye Drops:
- Eye discomfort or pain
- Dry eyes
- Watery eye
- Burning sensation when medicine is applied
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Redness of eye
- Swelling of eye
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LOTEFLAM Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LOTEFLAM Eye Drops causes blurred vision.
- Do not stop using LOTEFLAM Eye Drops medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
What should you tell your doctor before using LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of ocular infections, glaucoma, or ocular toxicities.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about LOTEFLAM Eye Drops
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
- How should LOTEFLAM Eye Drops be stored?
- How long can I use LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
- Should I be monitored for any parameters while on LOTEFLAM Eye Drops?
- Is it safe to use LOTEFLAM Eye Drops for a prolonged duration?
No, altering the dose of LOTEFLAM Eye Drops is not advised.
LOTEFLAM Eye Drops is stored at controlled room temperature (15 – 25OC). Do not freeze.
It is advised to use LOTEFLAM Eye Drops for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue LOTEFLAM Eye Drops medication.
It is advised to monitor intraocular pressure if LOTEFLAM Eye Drops is prescribed for more than 10 days.
No, prolonged use of LOTEFLAM Eye Drops may result in glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.