LOSAR BETA H Tablet 10's
By Unichem Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LOSAR BETA H Tablet used for?
LOSAR BETA H Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
LOSAR BETA H Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOSAR BETA H Tablet work?
In LOSAR BETA H Tablet, Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. This drug blocks the activity of certain chemicals and decreases the heart rate and blood pressure. Therefore, it helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Losartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. This drug relaxes the blood vessels to ease the blood flow. Thus, it helps to decrease the blood pressure.
Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. The drug acts by inhibiting the reabsorption of water by blocking the action of the sodium-chloride co-transport system, thereby removing extra salt and water. Therefore, it helps in treating high blood pressure.
How to take LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LOSAR BETA H Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LOSAR BETA H Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LOSAR BETA H Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LOSAR BETA H Tablet:
- Shortness of breath
- Slurred speech
- Tightness in chest
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Blurred vision
- Loss of appetite
- Severe skin rashes
- Swelling or puffiness of face
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LOSAR BETA H Tablet.
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to LOSAR BETA H Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- For better management of blood pressure, you are advised to limit your salt intake.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take LOSAR BETA H Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LOSAR BETA H Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
- Is it common to experience vertigo while taking LOSAR BETA H Tablet?
Yes. It is advised to follow the low-salt diet for better management of your blood pressure.
It is advised to monitor your blood pressure, electrolytes and heart rate while taking LOSAR BETA H Tablet.
No. Vertigo is a serious side effect of LOSAR BETA H Tablet. Please consult your doctor immediately if you experience vertigo.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.