Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet 10's
By Alkem Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet used for?
LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet is used to relieve muscle pain. It is also used to relieve pain associated with the following conditions:
- Surgical pain
- Muscle relaxation
LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet work?
In LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet, Lornoxicam belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane by blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzymes (COX -1 & COX-2). This reduces the pain and inflammation.
Thiocolchicoside belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxants. The drug acts by controlling the impulses in the brain and spinal cord. Thus, it provides relief from muscle stiffness or spasm.
How to use LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet can be taken with food or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents the stomach upset.
- For topical gel application, wash and dry the affected area and apply a thin layer of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet over the affected area.
If you miss a dose of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Unusual weakness
What are the drugs that interact with LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet tablet/capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet tablet/capsule combination:
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal cramps
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Gastrointestinal ulcer
- Decreased blood cell count
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Decrease in blood pressure
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while if LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet tablet/capsule causes drowsiness or blurred vision
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it can alter the absorption of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet tablet/capsule.
- Monitor your blood pressure, kidney function, and haemoglobin levels while on LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet tablet/capsule.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin disorders, kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet
- What are the other formulations of LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet available?
- Is LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet medicine safe to use in children?
- Is it safe to use LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet in patient with liver disease?
LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet is available as a capsule, gel and tablet.
Dosage adjustment should be made while using LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet in children. However, consult the doctor before using the medication in children.
Avoid using LORSUMO MR 4mg Tablet medication in individuals with hepatic impairment, as it can increase the risk of complications.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.