What is LORSUMO FORTE Tablet used for?
LORSUMO FORTE Tablet is used for the treatment of pain relief.This combination is used to relieve the pain associated with following conditions:
- Acute Sciatica
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Post-operative pain
LORSUMO FORTE Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LORSUMO FORTE Tablet work?
In LORSUMO FORTE Tablet, Lornoxicam belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane by blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzymes (COX -1 & COX-2). This reduces the pain and inflammation.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics and anti-pyretics. The drug acts by inhibiting cyclooxygenase enzyme and synthesis of prostaglandin. This reduces inflammation and body temperature.
How to take LORSUMO FORTE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LORSUMO FORTE Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- LORSUMO FORTE Tablet can be taken with food or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents the stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LORSUMO FORTE Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LORSUMO FORTE Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LORSUMO FORTE Tablet include the following:
- Sodium Thiosulfate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LORSUMO FORTE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LORSUMO FORTE Tablet:
- Pain in the lower back region
- Difficult urination
- Increased heartbeat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Visual disturbances
- Increased heartbeat
- Kidney impairment
- Difficulty in breathing
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LORSUMO FORTE Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LORSUMO FORTE Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LORSUMO FORTE Tablet medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LORSUMO FORTE Tablet drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take LORSUMO FORTE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LORSUMO FORTE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using LORSUMO FORTE Tablet medicine during pregnancy.
Frequently Asked questions about LORSUMO FORTE Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LORSUMO FORTE Tablet medicine?
- Can I take LORSUMO FORTE Tablet while using medications for common cold?
- How can LORSUMO FORTE Tablet drug be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on LORSUMO FORTE Tablet?
No. Altering the dose of LORSUMO FORTE Tablet drug can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult a doctor before taking LORSUMO FORTE Tablet medicine along with other medications.
LORSUMO FORTE Tablet medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes, periodic monitoring of liver function is advised while on LORSUMO FORTE Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.