LORFAST AM Tablet 10's
By Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LORFAST AM Tablet used for?
LORFAST AM Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of cough and allergic conditions.
LORFAST AM Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LORFAST AM Tablet work?
In LORFAST AM Tablet, Ambroxol belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytics. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain substances and suppresses the mucus secretion, thereby reducing the viscosity of phlegm and episodes of a cough.
Loratadine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of certain natural substances that cause allergic reactions. Thus, it reduces the allergic symptoms.
How to take LORFAST AM Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LORFAST AM Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LORFAST AM Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LORFAST AM Tablet include the following:
- Severe drowsiness
- Increased heartbeat
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with LORFAST AM Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LORFAST AM Tablet include the following:
- Glycerol phenylbutyrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LORFAST AM Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LORFAST AM Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Fever with body pains
- Muscle weakness
- Ringing in the ears
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Severe abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to bright light
- Bleeding from nose and gums
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LORFAST AM Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to LORFAST AM Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LORFAST AM Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LORFAST AM Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LORFAST AM Tablet.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take LORFAST AM Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LORFAST AM Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LORFAST AM Tablet
- How much time does LORFAST AM Tablet take to show its effect?
- Can I take LORFAST AM Tablet during breastfeeding?
- Can I take LORFAST AM Tablet while having a history of gastric ulcers?
- Is it safe for geriatric patients to take LORFAST AM Tablet?
It takes about one to three hours for LORFAST AM Tablet to show its effect.
Before you take LORFAST AM Tablet while breastfeeding, consult your doctor as the drug is known to pass through the breastmilk and may harm the nursing infant.
Avoid taking LORFAST AM Tablet if you have a history of gastric ulcers, as it can worsen the condition.
Older adults should exercise caution while taking LORFAST AM Tablet, as they are more prone to side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.