|Out of stock|
Rs.29.00 (79% Savings)
Rs.30.85 (77% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.40.38 (71% Savings)
Rs.57.00 (59% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LORCAM 4mg Tablet used for?
LORCAM 4mg Tablet is used to relieve pain and swelling that are associated with the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammation of the joints
LORCAM 4mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LORCAM 4mg Tablet work?
LORCAM 4mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane by blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzyme (COX -1 & COX-2). Thus, it helps in reducing the pain.
How to use LORCAM 4mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LORCAM 4mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- LORCAM 4mg Tablet can be taken with food or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents the stomach upset.
- LORCAM 4mg Tablet is also available as an injection. Therefore. it should be administered under medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of LORCAM 4mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LORCAM 4mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LORCAM 4mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LORCAM 4mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LORCAM 4mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Ringing in ears
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Difficulty breathing
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Increased heartbeat
- Fluid retention
- Visual disturbances
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LORCAM 4mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LORCAM 4mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication while suffering from gastrointestinal ulceration.
- Excercise caution while using LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication while suffering from cardiovascular oedema.
- Avoid using LORCAM 4mg Tablet while having an internal bleeding as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before using LORCAM 4mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cardiac failure or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication in children.
Frequently Asked questions about LORCAM 4mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use LORCAM 4mg Tablet in patients with asthma?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LORCAM 4mg Tablet?
- Can I use LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication if I have a history of systemic lupus erythematosus?
LORCAM 4mg Tablet is not advised during pregnancy, especially during the second trimester of the pregnancy.
Extreme caution should be taken while using the LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication in patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
No. Altering the dose of LORCAM 4mg Tablet is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Avoid using LORCAM 4mg Tablet medication if you have a history of genetic disorder, such as systemic lupus erythematosus.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.