What is LORAM H 5mg Tablet used for?
LORAM H 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
LORAM H 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LORAM H 5mg Tablet work?
In LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. This drug acts by decreasing the reabsorption of electrolytes from renal tubules. This leads to an excess elimination of electrolytes and water through urine.
Losartan Potassium belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It acts by preventing the narrowing the blood vessels to improve the blood flow.
Ramipril belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. It acts by blocking the angiotensin converting enzyme in the renin angiotensin aldosterone system. This inhibits the activity of angiotensin II and reduces the blood pressure.
How to take LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LORAM H 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination can be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of LORAM H 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LORAM H 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LORAM H 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Potassium chloride
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination?
The following are the most common side effects of LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Unusual tiredness
- Bladder pain
- Stomach pain
- Irregular heart beat
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LORAM H 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with LORAM H 5mg Tablet
You are advised not to take LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LORAM H 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, congestive heart failure, or heart attack.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LORAM H 5mg Tablet
- How should LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination be stored?
- What are the other formulations of LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination available?
- Can I use LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination to my 10-year-old child?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LORAM H 5mg Tablet?
Store the drug in room temperature (25 – 30OC), away from sunlight.
LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination is available in tablet dosage form only.
No. Do not use LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination during pregnancy.
The safe use of LORAM H 5mg Tablet combination in children is not yet established. Do not give any medicine to children without medical consultation.
No. Do not change or alter the dose or drug without medical consultation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.