LOPID 300mg Capsule 10's
By Pfizer Limited Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LOPID 300mg Capsule used for?
LOPID 300mg Capsule is a lipid-lowering agent used for the treatment of high serum triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the blood. It is usually prescribed for the treatment of conditions such as heart diseases and pancreatitis.
LOPID 300mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOPID 300mg Capsule work?
LOPID 300mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called fibric acid derivatives or broad-spectrum lipid-lowering agents. The drug acts by limiting the substance availability for triglyceride production in the liver and stimulating the reverse cholesterol transport. Thus, it results in the decrease of triglycerides and cholesterol levels in the blood.
How to take LOPID 300mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LOPID 300mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole, but do not open or chew the capsule. Take LOPID 300mg Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of LOPID 300mg Capsule, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LOPID 300mg Capsule?
The drugs that interact with LOPID 300mg Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOPID 300mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of LOPID 300mg Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
- Unpleasant taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blood in urine
- Persistent cough
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LOPID 300mg Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LOPID 300mg Capsule
- Avoid LOPID 300mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid grapefruit juice while taking LOPID 300mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LOPID 300mg Capsule causes dizziness.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive dizziness when taken with LOPID 300mg Capsule.
You are advised not to take LOPID 300mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LOPID 300mg Capsule?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to LOPID 300mg Capsule.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing liver or kidney diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions about LOPID 300mg Capsule
- What is the usual dose of LOPID 300mg Capsule?
- How should LOPID 300mg Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LOPID 300mg Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LOPID 300mg Capsule?
- How long can I take LOPID 300mg Capsule?
The typical adult dose of LOPID 300mg Capsule is 600 mg twice a day. You must consult the doctor before taking the drug.
LOPID 300mg Capsule is stored at controlled room temperature (20 – 25OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
No, LOPID 300mg Capsule dose is prescribed depending on the severity of the condition. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
Yes, serum triglyceride and cholesterol levels should be monitored when you are on LOPID 300mg Capsule medication.
LOPID 300mg Capsule should be used only for the prescribed period.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.