LOFECAM 8mg Tablet 10's
|Available substitute||5 substitute/s available|
Rs.59.00 (29% Savings)
Rs.73.00 (13% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Lornoxicam used for?
Lornoxicam is used to relieve pain and swelling that are associated with the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammation of the joints
Lornoxicam may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Lornoxicam work?
Lornoxicam belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane by blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzyme (COX -1 & COX-2). Thus, it helps in reducing the pain.
How to use Lornoxicam?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Lornoxicam as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Lornoxicam can be taken with food or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents the stomach upset.
- Lornoxicam is also available as an injection. Therefore. it should be administered under medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of Lornoxicam, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Lornoxicam?
Drugs that interact with Lornoxicam include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Lornoxicam?
The following are the most common side effects of Lornoxicam:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Ringing in ears
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Difficulty breathing
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Increased heartbeat
- Fluid retention
- Visual disturbances
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Lornoxicam?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Lornoxicam or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using Lornoxicam medication while suffering from gastrointestinal ulceration.
- Excercise caution while using Lornoxicam medication while suffering from cardiovascular oedema.
- Avoid using Lornoxicam while having an internal bleeding as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before using Lornoxicam?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cardiac failure or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using Lornoxicam medication in children.
Frequently asked questions about Lornoxicam
- Is it safe to use Lornoxicam medication during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use Lornoxicam in patients with asthma?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Lornoxicam?
- Can I use Lornoxicam medication if I have a history of systemic lupus erythematosus?
Lornoxicam is not advised during pregnancy, especially during the second trimester of the pregnancy.
Extreme caution should be taken while using the Lornoxicam medication in patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
No. Altering the dose of Lornoxicam is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Avoid using Lornoxicam medication if you have a history of genetic disorder, such as systemic lupus erythematosus.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.