LOFECAM 8mg Injection
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LOFECAM 8mg Injection used for?
LOFECAM 8mg Injection is used to relieve pain and swelling that are associated with the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammation of the joints
LOFECAM 8mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOFECAM 8mg Injection work?
LOFECAM 8mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane by blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzyme (COX -1 & COX-2). Thus, it helps in reducing the pain.
How to use LOFECAM 8mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LOFECAM 8mg Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- LOFECAM 8mg Injection can be taken with food or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents the stomach upset.
- LOFECAM 8mg Injection is also available as an injection. Therefore. it should be administered under medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of LOFECAM 8mg Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LOFECAM 8mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with LOFECAM 8mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOFECAM 8mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of LOFECAM 8mg Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Ringing in ears
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Difficulty breathing
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Increased heartbeat
- Fluid retention
- Visual disturbances
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LOFECAM 8mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LOFECAM 8mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication while suffering from gastrointestinal ulceration.
- Excercise caution while using LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication while suffering from cardiovascular oedema.
- Avoid using LOFECAM 8mg Injection while having an internal bleeding as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before using LOFECAM 8mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cardiac failure or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication in children.
Frequently Asked questions about LOFECAM 8mg Injection
- Is it safe to use LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use LOFECAM 8mg Injection in patients with asthma?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LOFECAM 8mg Injection ?
- Can I use LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication if I have a history of systemic lupus erythematosus?
LOFECAM 8mg Injection is not advised during pregnancy, especially during the second trimester of the pregnancy.
Extreme caution should be taken while using the LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication in patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
No. Altering the dose of LOFECAM 8mg Injection is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Avoid using LOFECAM 8mg Injection medication if you have a history of genetic disorder, such as systemic lupus erythematosus.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.