LIPICARD AV Tablet 10's
By Usv Private Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LIPICARD AV Tablet used for?
LIPICARD AV Tablet tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of mixed dyslipidaemia (elevated blood cholesterol levels).
LIPICARD AV Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LIPICARD AV Tablet work?
LIPICARD AV Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents. It acts by lowering the levels of low-density lipoproteins and plasma triglycerides by inhibiting the synthesis of triglycerides. Thus, it helps in reducing the blood cholesterol levels in the body.
How to take LIPICARD AV Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LIPICARD AV Tablet tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take LIPICARD AV Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of LIPICARD AV Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LIPICARD AV Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LIPICARD AV Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LIPICARD AV Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LIPICARD AV Tablet:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat
- Allergic reactions
- Blurred vision
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent nausea and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Dark-coloured urine
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LIPICARD AV Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LIPICARD AV Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking LIPICARD AV Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- Avoid LIPICARD AV Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take LIPICARD AV Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LIPICARD AV Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in LIPICARD AV Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about LIPICARD AV Tablet
- Can I take a higher dose of LIPICARD AV Tablet for faster recovery?
- What laboratory tests should I undergo in case of accidental overdose of LIPICARD AV Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of LIPICARD AV Tablet?
- Is it safe to take LIPICARD AV Tablet during pregnancy?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking LIPICARD AV Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug as the dosage of LIPICARD AV Tablet is prescribed based on the severity of the condition.
The doctor may monitor LFTs (liver function tests) and CPKs (creatine phosphokinase test) to identify the unabsorbed drug, which may be eliminated by gastric lavage.
The contraindications of LIPICARD AV Tablet are hypersensitivity, liver and kidney dysfunction, pre-existing gallbladder disease and elevated levels of serum transaminases.
No, do not take LIPICARD AV Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advised to undergo complete blood count (CBC), while taking LIPICARD AV Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.