Limcee tablet is a nutritional supplement which is used in the treatment of vitamin C deficiency and its associated diseases (e.g. scurvy). It contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and sodium ascorbate as key ingredients.
Vitamin C has antioxidant properties that helps maintain the connective tissue protein collagen, protects against infection, and helps in iron absorption and is necessary for normal growth and development. It is also required for collagen formation and tissue repair in your body. Vitamin C is involved in conversion of folic acid to folinic acid, metabolism of carbohydrate and tyrosine, synthesis of lipids and proteins, iron metabolism, resistance to infections and cellular respiration.
Key Composition of Limcee tablet:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Sodium ascorbate
Therapeutic uses of Limcee tablet:
- It is used in treatment of vitamin C deficiency (scurvy)
Side effects of Limcee tablet:
- stomach cramps
- nausea (feeling sick)
- vomiting (being sick)
How to manage side effects:
Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting):
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Drink lots of fluids, such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines without speaking to a doctor.
Try to rest and relax. You can also eat and drink slowly or have smaller and frequent meals. Keeping a heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach may also help. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
Rest and drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink too much alcohol. Ask your doctor to recommend a painkiller.
- Always take this medicine as directed by your physician
- Swallow the medicine as whole with the glass of water
- Do not crush or chew the medicine
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Do not take this medicine if you have hyperoxaluria (excretion of urine containing large amounts of calcium oxalate crystals)
- Avoid smoking while taking this medicine
- Limcee tablet should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases, lactose intolerance or iron overload disorder (e.g. haemochromatosis, haemochromatosis)
- Limcee tablet should be used with caution in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking
- This medicine is not suitable for use in children under 6 years of age
Talk to you doctor if you are taking:
- amphetamines (CNS stimulants)
- contraceptives (abortion pill)
- aspirin (used to relieve pain)
- iron-containing medicines
- antacids (use to treat acidity or ulcer)
- amygdalin (Vitamin B17) - can cause cyanide toxicity
- desferrioxamine (used to treat iron poisoning)
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Protect from moisture.
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 25?.
Can Limcee tablet be taken by pregnant women?
This medicine should be used with caution in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking.
Can Limcee tablet be taken by children?
This medicine is not suitable for use in children under 6 years of age. Consult your pediatrician before taking it.
Can Limcee tablet be taken daily?
Yes! This medicine can be taken daily. However, consult with your physician. Your doctor will decide the dose and duration depending upon your condition.
Can Limcee tablet increase immunity?
Limcee tablets plays an important role in maintaining proper immune function.