LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet 10's
By Modi Mundi Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.210.64 (31% Savings)
Rs.252.90 (18% Savings)
Rs.289.25 (6% Savings)
Rs.302.00 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet used for?
LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet is used in the treatment of carnitine deficiency in patients with end-stage renal disease who are undergoing dialysis.
LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet work?
LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet is an amino acid derivative, which is produced naturally in the body. It plays a significant role in the breakdown of fat to produce energy. Thus, it helps to carry out essential biological processes.
How to use LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
For syrup dosage form, measure the prescribed amount of LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet liquid before taking each dose. Shake well before use.
Swallow the LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
Warfarin is the only drug that interferes with LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for other potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet:
- Muscle pain
- Tingling sensation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Increased blood calcium levels
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
- Inform the doctor if you have to undergo a surgery, including dental surgery.
What should you tell your doctor before using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet
- Do I need to undergo any laboratory tests while using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
- Can I take Citalopram while using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet with a family history of seizures?
Yes, your blood glucose levels should be monitored while using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet. However, please consult your doctor.
No, do not take anti-depressants such as Citalopram while using LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet, as it may cause drug interactions. However, please consult your doctor.
The overdose symptoms of LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet include muscle cramps, allergic reactions, seizures, chills and fever. Please consult the doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, it is not advisable to use LEVOCARNIL 500mg Tablet while having a history of seizures. Please inform your doctor about your medical history.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.