LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet 5's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.31.64 (83% Savings)
Rs.60.00 (67% Savings)
Rs.67.50 (63% Savings)
Rs.100.00 (46% Savings)
Rs.120.00 (35% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet used for?
LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet is an anti-cancer drug, which is used in the treatment of hormone receptor-positive breast cancer in post-menopausal women.
LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet work?
LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called aromatase inhibitors.
Oestrogen stimulates the growth of the cancer cells. LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet works by inhibiting the conversion of androgens to oestrogens by blocking the action of the aromatase enzyme. A decrease in the oestrogen production helps in suppressing the proliferation of the cancer cells.
How to take LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset. The doctor usually recommends one tablet once daily.
If you miss a dose of LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Muscle or joint pain
- Hot flushes
- Pain in the joints
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling thirsty
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- You must take calcium supplements while on LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet, because LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet decreases the levels of oestrogen, which is responsible to protect the bone strength.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while taking LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet if you have any liver or kidney impairment.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of high blood cholesterol, bone disorders, stroke or clotting disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet in case of galactose intolerance?
- How should LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet in patients with history of osteoporosis?
LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet tablet may consist of lactose. Therefore, it should not be used by the patients with galactose intolerance. You must consult your doctor before using the doctor.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet medicine is available only as tablet.
Yes. Bone density and blood tests should be monitored while taking LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet.
LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet decreases the levels of oestrogen, which helps in protecting the bone strength in women. If LETROZ 2.5mg Tablet is used by the patient with osteoporosis, it may further worsen the condition. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.