LENALID 10MG CAPSULE 30'S
By NATCO PHARMA LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top brand available
No top generic available
|No|| generic substitutes available |
What is Lenalidomide used for?
Lenalidomide is a derivative of thalidomide, which is used for the treatment of multiple myeloma.
Lenalidomide may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Lenalidomide work?
Lenalidomide belongs to the class of drugs called immunomodulators.Multiple myeloma is a malignant tumour plasma cell in the bone marrow. Lenalidomide works by inhibiting multiplication of cancerous plasma cells and enhances the action of cells in the immune system. It also blocks the blood supply to the cancerous cells.
How to take Lenalidomide?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Lenalidomide as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/ capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset. Usually, this drug is taken in combination with a corticosteroid in treatment cycles.
If you miss a dose of Lenalidomide, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Lenalidomide?
Drugs that interact with Lenalidomide include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Lenalidomide?
The following are the most common side effects of Lenalidomide:
- Weight loss
- Dry skin
- Decreased appetite
- Swollen ankles
- Change in taste
- Blurred vision
- Breathing problem
- Discolouration of skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Lenalidomide?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Lenalidomide or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Lenalidomide.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience stabbing pains or unusual swelling or in a leg or arm and pain on breathing.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Lenalidomide.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid Lenalidomide during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking Lenalidomide if you have any abnormal blood count, liver or kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take Lenalidomide if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Lenalidomide?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you have chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lenalidomide:
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on Lenalidomide?
- How should Lenalidomide be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for Lenalidomide?
- Is it safe to use Lenalidomide with Warfarin?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Lenalidomide?
You must monitor your thyroid function, blood count, liver and kidney function while on Lenalidomide.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
Lenalidomide medicine is available in the form of capsules and tablets.
If you have to use Warfarin with Lenalidomide medicine, you must regularly monitor your blood clotting time to prevent complications. Consult the doctor before using the drug.
No. Do not alter the dose of Lenalidomide medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.