What is LCIN OZ Suspension used for?
LCIN OZ Suspension is used for the treatment of infections caused by certain anaerobic bacteria and protozoa. LCIN OZ Suspension is also used to treat the following conditions:
- Intestinal infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Pyelonephritis (kidney infection)
LCIN OZ Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LCIN OZ Suspension work?
In LCIN OZ Suspension, Levofloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV, which are responsible for DNA replication. This results in the breakage of strands on a bacterial chromosome.
Ornidazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-amoebic drugs. The drug acts by interacting with the DNA of the microorganisms and inhibits the protein synthesis, which causes cell death. Thus, it inhibits the protozoal replication and propagation.
How to use LCIN OZ Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LCIN OZ Suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of Levofloxacin, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LCIN OZ Suspension may include:
- Slurred speech
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with LCIN OZ Suspension?
Drugs that interact with LCIN OZ Suspension include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LCIN OZ Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of LCIN OZ Suspension:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual tiredness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Abdominal Pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe drowsiness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LCIN OZ Suspension?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LCIN OZ Suspension or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LCIN OZ Suspension.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight while using LCIN OZ Suspension.
- Avoid using LCIN OZ Suspension medicine if you have severe kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LCIN OZ Suspension causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to use LCIN OZ Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using LCIN OZ Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems or bone problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are having a sensitive skin before using LCIN OZ Suspension.
Frequently Asked questions about LCIN OZ Suspension
- I’m allergic to Ciprofloxacin. Can I use LCIN OZ Suspension?
- Is it safe to use LCIN OZ Suspension in case of epilepsy?
- How should LCIN OZ Suspension be stored?
- Can I use LCIN OZ Suspension during pregnancy?
- What are the formulations of LCIN OZ Suspension available?
No. LCIN OZ Suspension is not advised if you are allergic to other quinolone antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin.
Be cautious while using LCIN OZ Suspension medicine if you have a history of epilepsy.
LCIN OZ Suspension drug must be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC), away from heat and moisture.
No, the safe and effective use of LCIN OZ Suspension in pregnant women is not yet established.
LCIN OZ Suspension is available in syrup and tablet dosage forms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.