LAXOPEG Powder 17gm
By Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LAXOPEG Powder used for?
LAXOPEG Powder is used for gastric emptying before any surgery or medical procedure. It is also used to treat occasional constipation.
LAXOPEG Powder may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LAXOPEG Powder work?
LAXOPEG Powder belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. This drug acts by increasing the peristaltic movement and the fluid content in the intestines, which results in bowel distension and evacuation. Thus, it helps in gastric emptying.
How to take LAXOPEG Powder ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LAXOPEG Powder as prescribed by your doctor.
- LAXOPEG Powder powder should be mixed in water. It is advised to follow the prescribed dilution guidelines before taking the medicine.
- For LAXOPEG Powder solution, take the prescribed amount of the solution.
If you miss a dose of LAXOPEG Powder medicine, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LAXOPEG Powder ?
Drugs that interact with LAXOPEG Powder include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LAXOPEG Powder ?
The following are the most common side effects of LAXOPEG Powder :
- Abdominal discomfort
- Feeling of abdominal fullness
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Pressure on the abdomen
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased urine output
- Increased heartbeat
- Numbness of hand and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LAXOPEG Powder ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LAXOPEG Powder or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking LAXOPEG Powder if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Complete the prescribed dose of LAXOPEG Powder for better gastric emptying.
- Avoid using other laxatives while taking LAXOPEG Powder .
You are advised not to take LAXOPEG Powder if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LAXOPEG Powder ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypertension, gastrointestinal perforation, ulcers and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LAXOPEG Powder
- Is it safe to take LAXOPEG Powder during pregnancy?
- When should I use LAXOPEG Powder ?
- Is it common to experience vomiting while using LAXOPEG Powder ?
Avoid using LAXOPEG Powder during pregnancy. However, you can use it when prescribed by the doctor.
LAXOPEG Powder should be used at least 8 hours before any surgery or diagnostic procedure.
Vomiting is a common side effect of LAXOPEG Powder . Please seek immediate attention if this side effect persists or worsens.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.