Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
LAXAN Solution 100ml
By J.B.Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LAXAN Solution used for?
LAXAN Solution is a synthetic sugar, which is used in the treatment of constipation. It is also used to reduce the serum ammonia levels in patients with liver disease.
LAXAN Solution may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LAXAN Solution work?
LAXAN Solution is a complex sugar that is broken down into mild acids in the intestine. It acts by drawing water into the colon and helps in softening of the stool.
How to use LAXAN Solution?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LAXAN Solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- For syrup and liquid dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- For enema dosage form, follow the instructions provided on the leaflet provided along with the medicine.
If you miss a dose of LAXAN Solution, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LAXAN Solution may include:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Extreme thirst
- Increased urination
What are the drugs that interact with LAXAN Solution?
Drugs that interact with LAXAN Solution include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LAXAN Solution?
The following are the most common side effects of LAXAN Solution:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Gaseous distension
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LAXAN Solution?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LAXAN Solution or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LAXAN Solution.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid LAXAN Solution during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to use LAXAN Solution if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using LAXAN Solution?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal problems, intestinal blockages, diabetes, appendix problems or rectal bleeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LAXAN Solution
- How long can I use LAXAN Solution?
- How should LAXAN Solution be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for LAXAN Solution?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using LAXAN Solution?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LAXAN Solution?
LAXAN Solution medicine course should be completed as prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue the use of medicine without doctor’s advice.
Store the drug at room temperature (25 – 30OC) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
LAXAN Solution medicine is available as enema liquid, solution and syrup dosage forms.
No. There are no laboratory parameters required to be monitored while using LAXAN Solution.
No. Do not alter the dose of LAXAN Solution medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.