LATOPROST RT Eye Drops 2.5ml
What is Latanoprost used for?
Latanoprost is used in the treatment of open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. This drug is also used in combination with other medications.
Latanoprost may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Latanoprost work?
Latanoprost belongs to the class of drugs called prostaglandin analogues. It works by increasing the outflow of aqueous humour. This aids in controlling the progression of glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
How to use Latanoprost?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Latanoprost is available as eye drops. Follow the instructions on the leaflet provided along with the medicine.
If you miss a dose of Latanoprost, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Latanoprost?
Bimatoprost is known to interact with Latanoprost. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Latanoprost?
The following are the most common side effects of Latanoprost:
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Changes in eye colour
- Changes in the thickness of eyelashes
- Darkening of the skin around eyes
- Eye discharge
- Eye pain
- Sensitivity to light
- Redness or swelling of eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Latanoprost?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Latanoprost or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other eye drops while on Latanoprost.
- After instilling the eye drops, close your eyes for at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid touching the container tip to the eyes or surrounding skin.
- If you have to use more than one drug, wait at least 5 to 10 minutes before you instill other eye drops.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using this medicine as it may cause blurred vision temporarily.
What should you tell your doctor before using Latanoprost?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you have herpes infection of the eye or injury.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Latanoprost or any other similar drug.
Frequently Asked Questions about Latanoprost:
- Can I stop using Latanoprost if I feel better?
- Is it safe to use contact lenses while on Latanoprost?
- What are the overdose symptoms of Latanoprost?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using Latanoprost?
You should not discontinue the medicine without consulting your doctor.
You must remove contact lenses before using Latanoprost eye drops and wait for at least 15 to 20 minutes before you replace them.
The overdose symptoms of Latanoprost include severe eye irritation and redness. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
You may be monitored for intraocular pressure while using Latanoprost.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.