What is LASTUSS LA Syrup used for?
LASTUSS LA Syrup lozenges/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of cough.
LASTUSS LA Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LASTUSS LA Syrup work?
LASTUSS LA Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called anti-tussive agents. The drug acts by suppressing cough reflexes by acting on the cough centres in the brain, thereby reducing the cough.
How to take LASTUSS LA Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LASTUSS LA Syrup lozenges/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Place LASTUSS LA Syrup lozenges in the mouth and allow it to dissolve slowly.
If you miss a dose of LASTUSS LA Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LASTUSS LA Syrup include the following:
- Fast heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Severe drowsiness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with LASTUSS LA Syrup?
Drugs that interact with LASTUSS LA Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LASTUSS LA Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of LASTUSS LA Syrup:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Slow heartbeat
- Unusual excitement
- Severe drowsiness
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LASTUSS LA Syrup?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to LASTUSS LA Syrup or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LASTUSS LA Syrup.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LASTUSS LA Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid LASTUSS LA Syrup during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take LASTUSS LA Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LASTUSS LA Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LASTUSS LA Syrup
- How should LASTUSS LA Syrup be stored?
- Can LASTUSS LA Syrup be used to treat cough caused due to asthma?
- Is it safe to take LASTUSS LA Syrup in depression patients?
LASTUSS LA Syrup should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
No. LASTUSS LA Syrup is not recommended to treat cough caused due to asthma.
No. It is advised not to take LASTUSS LA Syrup in depression patients, as it worsens the condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.