Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
LANZAP 30mg Capsule 10's
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is LANZAP 30mg Capsule used for?
LANZAP 30mg Capsule is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Peptic ulcers
- Acid-reflux disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Erosive esophagitis
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
LANZAP 30mg Capsule is also used to treat peptic ulcers induced by the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
LANZAP 30mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LANZAP 30mg Capsule work?
LANZAP 30mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. It acts by supressing the gastric acid secretion at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal cell. It blocks the final step of acid secretion and decreases the acid production.
How to use LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LANZAP 30mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug 30 to 60 minutes before meals. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
Orodispersible tablet form of LANZAP 30mg Capsule should be taken by placing it on the tongue and sucking it gently.
If you miss a dose of LANZAP 30mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with LANZAP 30mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of LANZAP 30mg Capsule:
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Leg cramps
- Water retention
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LANZAP 30mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid taking antacids an hour before or after taking LANZAP 30mg Capsule.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LANZAP 30mg Capsule.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LANZAP 30mg Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid LANZAP 30mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking LANZAP 30mg Capsule if you have any kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take LANZAP 30mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, nerve, liver or kidney problems, and heartburn.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LANZAP 30mg Capsule
- How long does LANZAP 30mg Capsule take to show its effect?
- Who shouldn’t take LANZAP 30mg Capsule tablet?
- What are the conditions that require dosage adjustment of LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LANZAP 30mg Capsule?
- Is it necessary to take vitamin B12 supplements if I use LANZAP 30mg Capsule for long-term?
The symptoms such as heartburn and indigestion are relieved immediately after taking the tablet. However, you must take the tablet for at least few weeks as recommended by the doctor.
LANZAP 30mg Capsule should be avoided by the patients who are allergic to it and those with a history of phenylketonuria.
Patients with liver disease, osteoporosis and vitamin B12 deficiency may require low dose of LANZAP 30mg Capsule.
No. There is no requirement for monitoring for any laboratory parameters while taking LANZAP 30mg Capsule.
Use of LANZAP 30mg Capsule for long-term may cause decreased ability of the gut to absorb vitamin B12 from the bloodstream. Therefore, you may require vitamin B12 supplements while using LANZAP 30mg Capsule for long-term.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.