Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
LANPRO 30mg Capsule 10's
By Unichem Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
Rs.59.84 (21% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LANPRO 30mg Capsule used for?
LANPRO 30mg Capsule is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Peptic ulcers
- Acid-reflux disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Erosive esophagitis
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
LANPRO 30mg Capsule is also used to treat peptic ulcers induced by the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
LANPRO 30mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LANPRO 30mg Capsule work?
LANPRO 30mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. It acts by supressing the gastric acid secretion at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal cell. It blocks the final step of acid secretion and decreases the acid production.
How to use LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LANPRO 30mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug 30 to 60 minutes before meals. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
Orodispersible tablet form of LANPRO 30mg Capsule should be taken by placing it on the tongue and sucking it gently.
If you miss a dose of LANPRO 30mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with LANPRO 30mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of LANPRO 30mg Capsule:
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Leg cramps
- Water retention
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LANPRO 30mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid taking antacids an hour before or after taking LANPRO 30mg Capsule.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LANPRO 30mg Capsule.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LANPRO 30mg Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid LANPRO 30mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking LANPRO 30mg Capsule if you have any kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take LANPRO 30mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, nerve, liver or kidney problems, and heartburn.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LANPRO 30mg Capsule
- How long does LANPRO 30mg Capsule take to show its effect?
- Who shouldn’t take LANPRO 30mg Capsule tablet?
- What are the conditions that require dosage adjustment of LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LANPRO 30mg Capsule?
- Is it necessary to take vitamin B12 supplements if I use LANPRO 30mg Capsule for long-term?
The symptoms such as heartburn and indigestion are relieved immediately after taking the tablet. However, you must take the tablet for at least few weeks as recommended by the doctor.
LANPRO 30mg Capsule should be avoided by the patients who are allergic to it and those with a history of phenylketonuria.
Patients with liver disease, osteoporosis and vitamin B12 deficiency may require low dose of LANPRO 30mg Capsule.
No. There is no requirement for monitoring for any laboratory parameters while taking LANPRO 30mg Capsule.
Use of LANPRO 30mg Capsule for long-term may cause decreased ability of the gut to absorb vitamin B12 from the bloodstream. Therefore, you may require vitamin B12 supplements while using LANPRO 30mg Capsule for long-term.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.