Rs.146.00 (3% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet used for?
LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Acute bipolar depression
- Partial-onset seizure
- Generalized seizure
- Primary or secondary tonic–clonic seizures
LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet work?
LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. It works by binding to the sodium channel and inhibits the sodium ion to enter the cell. Thus, it inhibits the abnormal excitation of the neurons, which decreases the seizure activity. It also works by restoring the balance of chemical substance in the brain.
How to take LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet include the following:
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet:
- Stomach discomfort
- Weight gain
- Trouble sleeping
- Lack of coordination
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of blood vessel problems, heart problems or mood problems.
- Inform the doctor if you have diabetes, nerve, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet
- Can I stop taking LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet if I feel better?
- What is the initial dose of LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet for the treatment of seizures?
- How should LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
- How long can I take LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet?
No. Do not discontinue the medicine without consulting your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to the reoccurrence of the condition.
The dose of LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet for the first two weeks is 25 mg once daily. The dose may be increased to 100 or 200 mg once daily.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet medicine is available as chewable and extended-release tablets.
LAMEPIL 100mg Tablet medicine should be taken as per the prescribed course. Do not overuse or misuse the medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.