LAFAXID 10mg Tablet 10's
By Zuventus Healthcare Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LAFAXID 10mg Tablet used for?
LAFAXID 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, such as peptic ulcer and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
LAFAXID 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LAFAXID 10mg Tablet work?
LAFAXID 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called histamine H2 receptor antagonists. It acts by stimulating nitric oxide production and regulates gastric mucosal blood flow. It also increases the levels of somatostatin resulting in less gastric acid secretion. Thus, it helps in preventing inflammation and injury to the inner lining of the stomach.
How to take LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LAFAXID 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LAFAXID 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LAFAXID 10mg Tablet:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LAFAXID 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LAFAXID 10mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid LAFAXID 10mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking LAFAXID 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take LAFAXID 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal problems, diabetes, nervous, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LAFAXID 10mg Tablet
- How long can I take LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
- How should LAFAXID 10mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LAFAXID 10mg Tablet?
LAFAXID 10mg Tablet should be taken for the prescribed duration. Do not stop the use of medicine without doctor’s advice.
Store the drug at room temperature (25 – 30OC) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
LAFAXID 10mg Tablet medicine is available only as a tablet dosage form.
No. There are no laboratory parameters required to be monitored while taking LAFAXID 10mg Tablet.
No. Do not alter the dose of LAFAXID 10mg Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.