Rs.75.50 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LACOSAM Injection used for?
LACOSAM Injection is used for the treatment of partial onset seizures and refractory seizure disorders.
LACOSAM Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LACOSAM Injection work?
LACOSAM Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. It acts by binding to a type of phosphoprotein, primarily present in the nervous system and slows down the abnormal nerve impulses in the brain. Thus, it exhibits anticonvulsant action.
How to use LACOSAM Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LACOSAM Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- LACOSAM Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of LACOSAM Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LACOSAM Injection ?
Drugs that interact with LACOSAM Injection include the following:
- Sodium oxybate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LACOSAM Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of LACOSAM Injection :
- Stomach discomfort
- Weight gain
- Lack of coordination
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LACOSAM Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LACOSAM Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LACOSAM Injection .
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LACOSAM Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid LACOSAM Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using LACOSAM Injection if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using LACOSAM Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of irregular heart beat, heart problems, mental or mood problems, diabetes, nerve, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about LACOSAM Injection
- Is it safe to use LACOSAM Injection to my 10-year-old child?
- How should LACOSAM Injection tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for LACOSAM Injection ?
- How long can I take LACOSAM Injection tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LACOSAM Injection ?
No. LACOSAM Injection should not be used for children below 17 years of age, as the safety and effectiveness of the drug has not been yet established.
Store the drug at room temperature (25 – 30OC) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
LACOSAM Injection medicine is available in tablet and injection dosage forms.
LACOSAM Injection tablet should be taken till the course is completed. Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine may lead to recurrence of the disease.
No. Do not alter the dose of LACOSAM Injection medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.