LACOMA T Eye Drops 2.5ml
By Ajanta Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is LACOMA T Eye Drops used for?
LACOMA T Eye Drops is used for the treatment of open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
LACOMA T Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LACOMA T Eye Drops work?
In LACOMA T Eye Drops, Latanoprost belongs to the class of drugs called prostaglandin analogues. It works by increasing the outflow of fluid from the eye and decreases the pressure in the eye ball. Timolol belongs to the class of beta-blockers. It works by slowing the formation of fluid (aqueous humour) in the eye.
How to use LACOMA T Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
LACOMA T Eye Drops is available as eye drops. Wash your hands thoroughly before instilling the eye drops. Your doctor may recommend instilling one drop into the affected eye once daily.
If you miss a dose of LACOMA T Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LACOMA T Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with LACOMA T Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LACOMA T Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of LACOMA T Eye Drops:
- Eye irritation
- Blurred eyesight
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Changes in the thickness of eyelashes
- Darkening of the skin around eyes
- Eye discharge
- Eye pain
- Change in eye colour
- Sensitivity to light
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LACOMA T Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LACOMA T Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug while on LACOMA T Eye Drops.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using this combination as it may cause blurred vision temporarily.
- If you have to use more than one drug, leave a gap of 5 to 10 minutes before you instill other eye drops.
- After instilling the eye drops, close your eyes for at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Be cautious while using LACOMA T Eye Drops if you have a history of herpetic keratitis, conjunctivitis, cataracts, diabetes, and Psoriasis.
What should you tell your doctor before using LACOMA T Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, coronary heart disease, eye surgery, eye injury or eye infection.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about LACOMA T Eye Drops
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using LACOMA T Eye Drops?
- Can I stop using LACOMA T Eye Drops if I feel better?
- How should LACOMA T Eye Drops be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for LACOMA T Eye Drops?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LACOMA T Eye Drops?
You may be monitored for intraocular pressure while using LACOMA T Eye Drops medication.
No. Do not discontinue the medicine without consulting your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to reoccurrence of the disease.
An unopened container of LACOMA T Eye Drops should be stored between 2 – 8°C. After opening the eye drops, you can store the drug below 25°C.
LACOMA T Eye Drops medicine is available as eye drops.
No. Do not alter the dose of LACOMA T Eye Drops medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.