What is KORAGON 5000IU Injection used for?
KORAGON 5000IU Injection is a hormone used for the treatment of infertility in women. In males, it is used to treat pituitary gland disorder and increase the sperm count. KORAGON 5000IU Injection is also used to treat the following conditions:
- Undescended Testis
- Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism
- Secondary Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism
KORAGON 5000IU Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KORAGON 5000IU Injection work?
KORAGON 5000IU Injection is a glycoprotein hormone. In females, it acts by interacting with the luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) of the ovary and improves the functioning of corpus luteum.
In males, KORAGON 5000IU Injection acts by stimulating the production of gonadal steroid hormones by activating the interstitial cells of the testis to produce androgen.
How to administer KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
KORAGON 5000IU Injection injection is administered into the muscle only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of KORAGON 5000IU Injection , consult the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
Drugs that interact with KORAGON 5000IU Injection are:
- Follicle-stimulating hormone
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of KORAGON 5000IU Injection :
- Stomach pain
- Enlargement of breasts
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Rapid weight gain
- Allergic skin reactions
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of feet or legs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drugs or herbal supplements along with KORAGON 5000IU Injection .
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of KORAGON 5000IU Injection .
- Avoid KORAGON 5000IU Injection if it has changed the colour or if the injectable solution has any particles in it.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorder, heart disease, liver disease, kidney failure or any other medical problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to KORAGON 5000IU Injection or similar drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions about KORAGON 5000IU Injection
- How should KORAGON 5000IU Injection be stored?
- What are the contraindications of KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
- Should I undergo any tests while using KORAGON 5000IU Injection ?
- Is it safe to use KORAGON 5000IU Injection in asthma patient?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while on KORAGON 5000IU Injection injection?
Store the powdered form of KORAGON 5000IU Injection at room temperature. The reconstituted drug form should be stored in a refrigerator below 5°C. Do not freeze the d rug.
KORAGON 5000IU Injection is contraindicated in patients with precocious puberty and prostate cancer.
It is advised to check your hormone levels on a regular basis while using KORAGON 5000IU Injection . Please consult your doctor for further information.
No. It is not safe to use KORAGON 5000IU Injection in patients with asthma.
Follow a normal diet while on KORAGON 5000IU Injection , unless any special dietary instructions provided by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.