KETOROL Gel 30gm
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is KETOROL Gel used for?
KETOROL Gel tablet/injection is used for the treatment of severe acute pain.
KETOROL Gel eye drops are recommended for the management of post-operative eye pain and swelling.
KETOROL Gel gel is used for pain relief following a procedure and also used to treat back pain, pain caused by kidney stones, and cancer pain.
KETOROL Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KETOROL Gel work?
KETOROL Gel belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Prostaglandins are the inflammatory mediators responsible for inflammation. KETOROL Gel acts by inhibiting the action of hormones called prostaglandins, which are responsible for inflammation and pain. Ketorolac gel works by penetrating into skin layers and reducing the pain and inflammation.
How to use KETOROL Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use KETOROL Gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instill one to two drops of KETOROL Gel into the conjunctival sac of the eyes.
- Apply a thin layer of KETOROL Gel gel over the affected area and rub it gently.
- KETOROL Gel injection is administered into a vein or muscle, under the medical supervision.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of KETOROL Gel, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of KETOROL Gel tablet may include:
- Epigastric pain
What are the drugs that interact with KETOROL Gel?
Drugs that interact with KETOROL Gel tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KETOROL Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of KETOROL Gel tablet/injection:
- Stomach upset
The following are the most common side effects of KETOROL Gel eye drops:
- Corneal infiltrates
- Ocular oedema
- Ocular pain
The following are the most common side effects of KETOROL Gel gel:
- Skin redness, burning, itching, or peeling
- Thinning of your skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions KETOROL Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to KETOROL Gel or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of KETOROL Gel tablet/injection.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on KETOROL Gel tablet/injection.
- Be cautious while using KETOROL Gel tablet/injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Notify the doctor if you experience any eye problems, such as itching or redness while using KETOROL Gel eye drops.
What should you tell your doctor before using KETOROL Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin disorders, heart, kidney, liver or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you have any eye conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts.
Frequently Asked Questions about KETOROL Gel
- What are the overdose symptoms of KETOROL Gel eye drops?
- Is it safe to use KETOROL Gel tablet during breastfeeding?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using KETOROL Gel tablet?
- Is it safe to use tobacco while taking KETOROL Gel tablet?
The overdose symptoms of KETOROL Gel eye drops include severe burning sensation, eye watering, white patches on the eyes, and drainage from the eyes.
No. Avoid KETOROL Gel during breastfeeding because the drug passes through breast milk and may harm the nursing infant.
Use of KETOROL Gel tablet may cause kidney impairment. Therefore, you must monitor your kidney function while using KETOROL Gel tablet.
Regular use of tobacco with KETOROL Gel tablet may increase the risk of stomach bleeding. Therefore, you must avoid using tobacco while taking KETOROL Gel tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.