What is KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet used for?
KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet is used as an analgesic for the treatment of acute and chronic pain. It is also used to treat muscle stiffness that may occur due to muscle injury, nerve disease, spine and joint diseases.
KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet work?
In KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet, Flupirtine belongs to the class of drugs called centrally acting, non-opioid analgesics. The drug works by inhibiting the neuronal excitability and blocking the transmission of pain signals to the motor neurons. Blockage of pain signals helps in relieving acute or chronic pain.
Thiocolchicoside belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxants. The drug acts by selectively binding to certain receptors (GABA receptor). Thus, it relieves the muscle stiffness.
How to take KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet are:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Sleep disturbances
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe headache
- Increased sweating
- Persistent vomiting
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet medication.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet.
- Avoid or discontinue the drug use if you experience any symptoms of liver damage such as loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, dark-coloured urine or abdominal pain.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet
- How should KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet be stored?
- How long can I take KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet?
- Can I stop using the KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet abruptly?
- I am on KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet for relief from muscle pain. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Can I give KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet to my 11-year-old child for stomach pain?
Store the KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet in a cool (20 – 25OC) and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet should be used only for the prescribed period. Please consult your doctor if the course is completed.
It is not advised to end a medication abruptly. Please contact your doctor if you experience any symptoms that force to discontinue the medication.
No, it is advised to continue the KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you had to discontinue the medication.
No, KETOFLAM T 8mg Tablet should be used only when prescribed by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.