KETOFLAM P Tablet 10's
By Lupin Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is KETOFLAM P Tablet used for?
KETOFLAM P Tablet is used as an analgesic for acute and chronic pain. It is also indicated for individuals with:
- Ear pain
- Menstrual pain
- Post-operative pain
- Tooth ache
- Tumor pain
KETOFLAM P Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KETOFLAM P Tablet work?
In KETOFLAM P Tablet, Flupirtine belongs to the class of drugs called centrally-acting, non-opioid analgesics. The drug acts by inhibiting the neuronal excitability and blocks the transmission of pain signals to the motor neurons. Blockage of pain signals helps in relieving acute or chronic pain.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics and anti-pyretics. This drug reduces pain by blocking the generation of pain impulses. It exhibits anti-pyretic effect by inhibiting the heat-regulating centre in the hypothalamus.
How to take KETOFLAM P Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take KETOFLAM P Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the KETOFLAM P Tablet medicine with or without food.
If you miss a dose of KETOFLAM P Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of KETOFLAM P Tablet may include:
- Severe abdominal pain
What are the drugs that interact with KETOFLAM P Tablet?
Drugs that interact with KETOFLAM P Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KETOFLAM P Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of KETOFLAM P Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Sleep disturbances
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Discolouration of urine
- Persistent vomiting
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions KETOFLAM P Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Flupirtine or Paracetamol.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking KETOFLAM P Tablet as it may further affect the liver function.
- Inform the doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms of liver damage such as loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, yellow-coloured urine or jaundice while taking KETOFLAM P Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking KETOFLAM P Tablet if you have an underlying liver disease or kidney impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the KETOFLAM P Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid KETOFLAM P Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take KETOFLAM P Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking KETOFLAM P Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver disease or kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of Flupirtine or Paracetamol.
Frequently Asked Questions about KETOFLAM P Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking KETOFLAM P Tablet?
- Can I stop using the KETOFLAM P Tablet abruptly?
- How should KETOFLAM P Tablet be stored?
- I am on KETOFLAM P Tablet for fever. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Does KETOFLAM P Tablet produce any withdrawal symptoms?
Use of KETOFLAM P Tablet may increase the risk of liver toxicity. Therefore, monitoring your liver function is important while taking KETOFLAM P Tablet.
It is not advised to abruptly end a medication. Please contact your doctor if you find any symptoms that force to discontinue the medication.
Store the KETOFLAM P Tablet in a cool (20 – 25OC) and dry place away from direct sunlight.
No, it is advised to continue the KETOFLAM P Tablet for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you had to discontinue the medication.
Yes, you may experience certain withdrawal symptoms once you stop taking KETOFLAM P Tablet. Consult your doctor if you experience symptoms such as tremor, mood alterations, and persistent sweating.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.