What is KETO?
- KETO contains Ketoconazole which belongs to antifungal agents
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What KETO is used for?
- It is used as a topical treatment for fungal infections of the skin due to the Tinea, which is a dermatophyte fungus also known as ringworm
- It is also used to treat infection with the fungus Malassezia, which causes Pityriasis versicolor, characterised by flaky discoloured patches that appear on the chest and back
- It is also effective against infection with the fungus Candida, which causes cutaneous candidiasis, characterised by itchy red rash on various parts of the body, usually in warm, moist creased areas of skin, like under the arms and in the groin
Talk to your doctor before using KETO, if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients of KETO
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
- Always apply this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- Apply this powder twice daily by sprinkling onto the affected area and surrounding skin, including broken skin
- You can also dust the inside of socks, shoes or clothing that is in directed contact with infected skin
- Continue to use until all symptoms of the infection have disappeared, which may be for 2-6 weeks and for a further 10 days after, to prevent relapse
- Wash your hands after using this medicine to prevent spreading the infection and do not get the powder into your eyes
- Avoid inhalation of the powder to prevent irritation of the airways
If you use more of KETO
- If you use more of KETO, contact your doctor immediately
If you forget to use KETO
- If you miss a dose of KETO apply it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to apply the next dose, then skip the missed dose
- Do not apply a double dose
If you stop using of KETO
- Do not stop using KETO without first consulting your doctor
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.