What is KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops used for?
KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops is used to reduce the risk of post-surgery infection and inflammation of the eye. It is also used to treat itching of the eye due to seasonal allergies.
KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops work?
In KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops, Ketorolac belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Prostaglandins are the inflammatory mediators responsible for inflammation. Ketorolac acts by inhibiting the action of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) enzyme and blocking the prostaglandin synthesis.
Ofloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called as fluoroquinolone antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial DNA gyrase. Thus, it kills the pathogenic bacteria.
How to use KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instill one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye usually twice a day. Do not let the dropper tip to touch your eye or any other surface so as to avoid contamination.
If you miss a dose of KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops?
Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops:
- Corneal oedema
- Irritation of eye
- Eye dryness
- Visual disturbances
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Corneal ulcer
- Ocular hyperaemia
- Increased lacrimation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Maintain a gap of at least 15 to 20 minutes before using any other eye drops along with KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops causes blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before using KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye conditions such as glaucoma or cataract.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other eye drops, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops
- Is KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops safe for long-term use?
- How long does KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops take to show its effect?
- How should KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops?
In KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops, Ketorolac belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Use of NSAIDs for long-term may increase the risk of keratitis, corneal thinning, and corneal erosion.
KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops may show its effect within few minutes after instilling the eye drops.
Store KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops at room temperature (20 – 25°C).
No. It is not safe to change the dose of KETLUR PLUS Eye Drops unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.