KENADION 10mg Tablet 10's
By Samarth Pharma Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is KENADION 10mg Tablet used for?
KENADION 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bleeding disorders and vitamin K deficiency.
KENADION 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KENADION 10mg Tablet work?
KENADION 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called vitamin supplements. This drug acts as a cofactor in the hepatic synthesis of clotting factors. Thus, it promotes the hepatic biosynthesis of vitamin K-dependent coagulating factors and reduces the risk of bleeding.
How to use KENADION 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- KENADION 10mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of KENADION 10mg Tablet, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with KENADION 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with KENADION 10mg Tablet include the following:
- Aluminium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KENADION 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of KENADION 10mg Tablet injection/tablet:
- Flushing of face
- Unusual taste
- Swelling and inflammation at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased appetite
- Skin lesions
- Enlarged liver
- Yellowish discolouration of skin
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using KENADION 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to KENADION 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using KENADION 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid using KENADION 10mg Tablet if you have a history of allergic diathesis.
- Be cautious while receiving KENADION 10mg Tablet if you have a history of severe liver disease.
What should you tell your doctor before using KENADION 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of blood disorders, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about KENADION 10mg Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of KENADION 10mg Tablet?
- What are the natural sources of KENADION 10mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using KENADION 10mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of KENADION 10mg Tablet?
- What are the available formulations of KENADION 10mg Tablet?
Overdose symptoms of KENADION 10mg Tablet include trouble breathing, yellow discolouration of eyes and skin and extreme weakness. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms while on KENADION 10mg Tablet.
KENADION 10mg Tablet is commonly found in green leafy vegetables such as spinach and broccoli.
Yes, you must be monitored for prothrombin time, liver function and serum aluminium levels while using KENADION 10mg Tablet.
Contraindications of KENADION 10mg Tablet include anaemia and hypersensitivity. Please consult your doctor for further information.
KENADION 10mg Tablet is available as oral tablet, compounding powder and an injectable solution.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.