Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
KEF Tablet 10's
By Dr Johns Laboratories Pvt Ltd
(max. Rs. 3000)
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is KEF Tablet used for?
KEF Tablet is used to supplement calcium in the body and treat hyperacidity.
KEF Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KEF Tablet work?
In KEF Tablet, Alfacalcidol is a vitamin supplement and is an active metabolite of vitamin D. It acts by increasing the absorption of phosphate and calcium in the gastrointestinal tract, thereby increasing the serum calcium and phosphate levels.
Calcium Carbonate is a dietary calcium supplement. It helps in providing calcium to the body and prevents the absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease.
How to take KEF Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take KEF Tablet tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take KEF Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of KEF Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with KEF Tablet?
Drugs that interact with KEF Tablet are as follows:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KEF Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of KEF Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Pain in the muscles
- Weight loss
- Muscle pain
- Mood disorders
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Metallic taste
- Excessive thirst
- Swelling of the body parts
- Urge to pass urine
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking KEF Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on KEF Tablet
- Avoid KEF Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid KEF Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take KEF Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking KEF Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in KEF Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about KEF Tablet
- How KEF Tablet is stored?
- Can I discontinue taking KEF Tablet when I feel better?
- What care should I take while taking KEF Tablet?
- How is KEF Tablet dose prescribed in children?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking KEF Tablet?
KEF Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from heat and moisture.
Do not stop taking KEF Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
It is advised to avoid eating phosphate-rich foods and reduce the consumption of cereals and spinach. Do not take other medications within 2 hours before or after taking the drug.
KEF Tablet is prescribed to children depending on their weight. Discuss with your doctor about the dosage and usage of the drug.
Yes, it is advised to periodically monitor blood calcium and phosphate levels while taking KEF Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.