IVECOP AB Tablet
By Menarini India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is IVECOP AB used for?
IVECOP AB syrup and tablet is used for the treatment of nematode infestations.
IVECOP AB may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IVECOP AB work?
IVECOP AB belongs to the class of drugs called anti-helminthic drugs. Albendazole acts by inhibiting certain intestinal enzymes, which decrease its nutritional supply to worms. Thus, it helps to immobilise and kill worms.
Ivermectin increases the permeability of cell wall, which ultimately leads to the paralysis and death of worms. Thus, it helps in treating worm infections.
How to take IVECOP AB?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take IVECOP AB syrup and tabletas prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of IVECOP AB, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with IVECOP AB?
Drugs that interact with IVECOP AB include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IVECOP AB?
The following are the most common side effects of IVECOP AB:
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Postural hypotension
- Severe fever
- Skin rash
- Tachycardia (increased heart beat)
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking IVECOP AB?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to IVECOP AB or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if IVECOP AB causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid IVECOP AB during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of IVECOP AB.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take IVECOP AB if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking IVECOP AB?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking IVECOP AB.
Frequently Asked Questions about IVECOP AB
- Is it safe to alter the dose of IVECOP AB?
- What are the contraindications of IVECOP AB?
- How should IVECOP AB tablet be stored?
No. It is unsafe to alter the dose of IVECOP AB. Consult the doctor before altering the dose.
IVECOP AB is contraindicated if you have bone marrow suppression.
IVECOP AB tablet should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.