IVECOP 12mg Tablet
By Menarini India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is IVECOP 12mg used for?
IVECOP 12mg tablet is recommended for the treatment of strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis.
IVECOP 12mg cream is used to treat lesions of rosacea.
IVECOP 12mg shampoo is used for the treatment of scabies and filariasis.
IVECOP 12mg may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IVECOP 12mg work?
IVECOP 12mg belongs to the class of drugs called anthelmintics. This drug acts by binding to certain receptors on the nerve and muscle cells of the parasite. Then, the drug paralyses and kills the parasite gradually. It also acts by suppressing the growth of adult parasite and reduces its transmission.
How to use IVECOP 12mg?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug on an empty stomach or one hour before meal with a glass of water.
- Apply IVECOP 12mg as a thin layer over the affected area and wash your hands thoroughly after applying the cream.
If you miss a dose of IVECOP 12mg, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of IVECOP 12mg may include:
- Tingling sensation
- Shortness of breath
What are the drugs that interact with IVECOP 12mg?
Drugs that interact with IVECOP 12mg tablet include the following:
- Sodium oxybate
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IVECOP 12mg?
The following are the most common side effects of IVECOP 12mg tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the most common side effects of IVECOP 12mg cream:
- Skin burning
- Stinging sensation
- Skin irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IVECOP 12mg?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IVECOP 12mg or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if IVECOP 12mg causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid IVECOP 12mg during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not use IVECOP 12mg cream or shampoo if you are allergic to it or any other ingredient of the cream or shampoo.
What should you tell your doctor before using IVECOP 12mg?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney, heart or thyroid diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about IVECOP 12mg
- How should IVECOP 12mg be stored?
- Is it safe to use IVECOP 12mg tablet in an individual with a history of seizures?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking IVECOP 12mg?
- Can I use IVECOP 12mg tablet in case of liver disease?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of IVECOP 12mg?
Store IVECOP 12mg in a tightly closed container at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
No. It is not safe to use IVECOP 12mg in an individual with a history of seizures.
If IVECOP 12mg is used for the treatment for strongyloidiasis, regular stool examination is recommended at least three times during the first three months.
No. It is not safe to use IVECOP 12mg in a patient with liver disease as it may further worsen the condition. Consult the doctor before using the drug.
No. Do not change the dose of IVECOP 12mg unless recommended by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.