IVABEAT 5mg Tablet 10's
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.145.00 (9% Savings)
Rs.153.00 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is IVABEAT 5mg Tablet used for?
IVABEAT 5mg Tablet is used for the symptomatic treatment of chronic stable angina pectoris and chronic heart failure, which is not managed by beta blockers.
IVABEAT 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IVABEAT 5mg Tablet work?
IVABEAT 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cardiotonic agents. The drug acts by blocking the action of cyclic nucleotide-gated channels, thereby helping the heart to beat slowly and regulate normal heart rate.
How to take IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take IVABEAT 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food.
If you miss a dose of IVABEAT 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with IVABEAT 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of IVABEAT 5mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Unusual tiredness
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IVABEAT 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of IVABEAT 5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if IVABEAT 5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid IVABEAT 5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid taking St. John's wort with IVABEAT 5mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take IVABEAT 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney, thyroid or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs such as Diltiazem and Verapamil, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about IVABEAT 5mg Tablet
- How should IVABEAT 5mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the conditions in which IVABEAT 5mg Tablet is contraindicated?
- What are the overdose symptoms of IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking IVABEAT 5mg Tablet?
Store IVABEAT 5mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from light and moisture.
IVABEAT 5mg Tablet is contraindicated for the patients with cardiogenic shock, severe hypotension, unstable or acute heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, pregnancy and lactation.
The overdose symptoms of IVABEAT 5mg Tablet may include difficulty in breathing, dizziness, excessive tiredness, and swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, and eyes. You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
You must avoid grapefruit juice and a diet rich in cholesterol while using IVABEAT 5mg Tablet. Grapefruit juice may increase the risk of side effects of the drug.
Monitoring of heart function is important before and while using IVABEAT 5mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.