Rs.78.00 (2% Savings)
Rs.78.10 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ISOPIL 5mg Tablet used for?
ISOPIL 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of cystic acne.
ISOPIL 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ISOPIL 5mg Tablet work?
ISOPIL 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called retinoids. This drug acts by decreasing the production of facial oil or sebum and preventing the abnormal hardening of the skin. It also works by reducing the inflammation. Thus, it reduces the severity of acne.
How to use ISOPIL 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ISOPIL 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. It is available in tablet, capsule, or gel dosage forms.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take ISOPIL 5mg Tablet with food.
- Apply ISOPIL 5mg Tablet gel over the acne.
The overdose symptoms of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Facial flushing
- Loss of balance
What are the drugs that interact with ISOPIL 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ISOPIL 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet tablet/capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Swelling of eyelids
- Swelling of lips
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood changes
- Violent behaviour
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tingling sensation
- Joint pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ISOPIL 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ISOPIL 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while using ISOPIL 5mg Tablet if you have a kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid ISOPIL 5mg Tablet during pregnancy and breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using ISOPIL 5mg Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid prolonged exposure the sunlight while using ISOPIL 5mg Tablet.
What should you tell your doctor before using ISOPIL 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ISOPIL 5mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use ISOPIL 5mg Tablet in patients with a history of osteoporosis?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using ISOPIL 5mg Tablet tablet?
- How long does ISOPIL 5mg Tablet tablet take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to use ISOPIL 5mg Tablet in patients with glaucoma?
No. It is not safe to change the dose of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
No. ISOPIL 5mg Tablet is not safe to use in patients with a history of osteoporosis.
ISOPIL 5mg Tablet is a derivative of vitamin A. Therefore, avoid foods rich in vitamin A as it may worsen the side effects of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet.
A complete clearing of acne may be achieved within 16 to 24 days of continued treatment.
No. Use of ISOPIL 5mg Tablet should be avoided in patients with glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.