What is IROVEL H Tablet used for?
IROVEL H Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
IROVEL H Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IROVEL H Tablet work?
In IROVEL H Tablet, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. This drug acts by decreasing the reabsorption of electrolytes from the renal tubules. This leads to an excess elimination of fluids, which reduces the blood pressure.
Irbesartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by dilating the blood vessels, which decreases the blood pressure.
How to take IROVEL H Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take IROVEL H Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. IROVEL H Tablet should be taken with or without food. Take this drug with an adequate fluid intake.
If you miss a dose of IROVEL H Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of IROVEL H Tablet may include:
- Decreased urination
- Increased heartbeat
- Unusual thirst
What are the drugs that interact with IROVEL H Tablet?
Drugs that interact with IROVEL H Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IROVEL H Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of IROVEL H Tablet:
- Joint pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IROVEL H Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IROVEL H Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on IROVEL H Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if IROVEL H Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of IROVEL H Tablet.
You are advised not to take IROVEL H Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking IROVEL H Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, gout, kidney problems, heart problems, gall bladder, or high cholesterol levels.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have undergone any brain surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about IROVEL H Tablet
- How should IROVEL H Tablet be stored?
- I am on IROVEL H Tablet for high blood pressure. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the IROVEL H Tablet?
- Can I use IROVEL H Tablet during pregnancy?
- What should I avoid while on IROVEL H Tablet medication?
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
No. It is advised to use IROVEL H Tablet medicine for the prescribed duration.
You should not alter the dose of IROVEL H Tablet. Please consult your doctor for dose-related changes.
No. The safe use of IROVEL H Tablet medicine during pregnancy is not yet established.
Performing strenuous exercises and prolonged exposure to the sun should be avoided while on IROVEL H Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.