What is IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution used for?
IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution is used for the treatment of pulmonary diseases that include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution work?
IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergics. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of acetylcholine on certain receptors of bronchial smooth muscle. Thus, it helps in treating the pulmonary disorders.
How to use IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- For respules and rotacap dosage forms, please read the instructions carefully provided on the leaflet.
- For syrup dosage form, please take the prescribed amount of medicine orally. Use a measuring cup before taking measure each dose.
If you miss a dose of IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution?
Drugs that interact with IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution?
The following are the most common side effects of IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution:
- Back pain
- Unpleasant taste
- Dryness of mouth
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Bloody urine
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution.
- Avoid IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pulmonary diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution
- Can I stop taking IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution if the symptoms subside?
- How should IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution be stored?
- Does IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution cause constipation?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution medication?
No. It is important to complete the prescribed dose of IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution unless you are told to stop. Discontinuing the drug may cause the illness to return.
IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution must be stored at room temperature (25 – 30?C), away from sunlight.
Constipation is a rare side effect associated with IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution. Please consult your doctor if constipation doesn’t subside or worsens.
Yes, it is advised to undergo complete urine examination (CUE) while on IPRAVENT Respiratory Solution medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.