Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is IPRAVENT FORTE used for?
IPRAVENT FORTE is used for the treatment of pulmonary diseases that include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
IPRAVENT FORTE may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IPRAVENT FORTE work?
IPRAVENT FORTE belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergics. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of acetylcholine on certain receptors of bronchial smooth muscle. Thus, it helps in treating the pulmonary disorders.
How to use IPRAVENT FORTE?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use IPRAVENT FORTE as prescribed by your doctor.
- For respules and rotacap dosage forms, please read the instructions carefully provided on the leaflet.
- For syrup dosage form, please take the prescribed amount of medicine orally. Use a measuring cup before taking measure each dose.
If you miss a dose of IPRAVENT FORTE, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with IPRAVENT FORTE?
Drugs that interact with IPRAVENT FORTE include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IPRAVENT FORTE?
The following are the most common side effects of IPRAVENT FORTE:
- Back pain
- Unpleasant taste
- Dryness of mouth
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Bloody urine
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IPRAVENT FORTE?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IPRAVENT FORTE or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with IPRAVENT FORTE.
- Avoid IPRAVENT FORTE during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use IPRAVENT FORTE if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking IPRAVENT FORTE?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pulmonary diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about IPRAVENT FORTE
- Can I stop taking IPRAVENT FORTE if the symptoms subside?
- How should IPRAVENT FORTE be stored?
- Does IPRAVENT FORTE cause constipation?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on IPRAVENT FORTE medication?
No. It is important to complete the prescribed dose of IPRAVENT FORTE unless you are told to stop. Discontinuing the drug may cause the illness to return.
IPRAVENT FORTE must be stored at room temperature (25 – 30?C), away from sunlight.
Constipation is a rare side effect associated with IPRAVENT FORTE. Please consult your doctor if constipation doesn’t subside or worsens.
Yes, it is advised to undergo complete urine examination (CUE) while on IPRAVENT FORTE medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.