INTAXEL 260mg Injection 43.4ml
By Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.8,187.00 (26% Savings)
Rs.9,010.00 (19% Savings)
Rs.9,622.56 (13% Savings)
Rs.10,938.00 (2% Savings)
Rs.11,025.20 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is INTAXEL 260mg Injection used for?
INTAXEL 260mg Injection is used for the treatment of breast, prostate, oesophageal, lung, bladder and ovarian cancers.
INTAXEL 260mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does INTAXEL 260mg Injection work?
INTAXEL 260mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cancer agents. This drug acts by binding to certain proteins and induces programmed cell death. Thus, it helps by resulting in the death of cancerous cells.
How to administer INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
INTAXEL 260mg Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of INTAXEL 260mg Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of INTAXEL 260mg Injection include the following:
- Bone marrow suppression
- Peripheral neurotoxicity
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with INTAXEL 260mg Injection include the following:
- Varicella virus vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccine
- Zoster vaccine
What are the side effects of INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of INTAXEL 260mg Injection :
- Mouth sores
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Numbness in feet/hands
- Temporary hair loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
- Avoid receiving the medicine if you are allergic to INTAXEL 260mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking INTAXEL 260mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if INTAXEL 260mg Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Increase consumption of fluids while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
- Avoid sports or activities that could cause injuries, bleeding or bruises.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
- Avoid being in crowds as you are more prone to infections while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
- Use a soft toothbrush to avoid bleeding while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
You are advised not to receive INTAXEL 260mg Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical condition of blood disorders, decreased bone marrow function, infections, low or high blood pressure, heart problems or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked questions about INTAXEL 260mg Injection
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
- Do I get pregnant while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
- Do I receive any vaccinations while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection ?
It is advised to avoid grapefruit and grape juice while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
No, it is not advised to get pregnant while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection and at least for 6 months after completing the course. It is advised to use birth control pills while on INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
No, it is advised not to take any vaccinations while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection . Please consult your doctor if your vaccination is due.
Yes, it is advised to periodically perform complete blood count, liver and kidney function test while receiving INTAXEL 260mg Injection .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.