IMALEK 100mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.483.33 (49% Savings)
Rs.716.00 (24% Savings)
Rs.750.00 (21% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is IMALEK 100mg Tablet used for?
IMALEK 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL)
- Bone marrow disorder
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
- Gastro-intestinal cancer
- Skin cancer
IMALEK 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IMALEK 100mg Tablet work?
IMALEK 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cancer drugs. This drug acts by producing a cytotoxic effect on the cancerous cells, which helps in preventing the growth and spread of cancer cells.
How to take IMALEK 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take IMALEK 100mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not chew or open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Imatinib, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with IMALEK 100mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with IMALEK 100mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IMALEK 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of IMALEK 100mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Body pains
- Hair loss
- Muscle cramps
- Pale skin
- Pedal oedema
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding and bruising of the skin
- Blood in the urine
- Blurry vision
- Chest discomfort
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IMALEK 100mg Tablet?
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if IMALEK 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid IMALEK 100mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take IMALEK 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking IMALEK 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension or other chronic diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have undergone surgery before taking IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about IMALEK 100mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine?
- What are the other formulations of IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine available?
- How long can I take IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on IMALEK 100mg Tablet?
Do not alter the dose of IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine without consulting the doctor. A change in the medicine dose may fail to produce drug action.
IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine is available in tablet form.
You should take IMALEK 100mg Tablet medicine for a prescribed duration. Do not discontinue the drug unless recommended by the doctor.
You must monitor your liver function, kidney function, and complete blood count while using IMALEK 100mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.