ILADAC L Capsule 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ILADAC L Capsule used for?
ILADAC L Capsule is used for the treatment of excessive acid production in the stomach. This combination is also used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Peptic ulcers
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
ILADAC L Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ILADAC L Capsule work?
In ILADAC L Capsule, Ilaprazole belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. This drug acts by blocking the secretion of stomach acid by blocking the enzymes. Thus, it prevents the excessive production of gastric acid.
Levosulpiride produces an anti-dopaminergic effect and modulates the action of certain neurotransmitters in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
How to take ILADAC L Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ILADAC L Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not chew or tear open the capsule. Take the drug 30 minutes before a meal.
If you miss a dose of ILADAC L Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ILADAC L Capsule?
Drugs that interact with ILADAC L Capsule include the following:
- Aluminium citrate
- Magnesium citrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ILADAC L Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of ILADAC L Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased liver function
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ILADAC L Capsule?
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with ILADAC L Capsule.
- Inform the doctor if you have any liver or kidney impairment while taking ILADAC L Capsule tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on ILADAC L Capsule.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take ILADAC L Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ILADAC L Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of ulcers, perforations in the stomach, or if you have undergone any surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ILADAC L Capsule
- How should ILADAC L Capsule medicine be stored?
- I am on ILADAC L Capsule for dyspepsia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the ILADAC L Capsule?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while on ILADAC L Capsule?
Store ILADAC L Capsule medicine at 15 – 30°C. Do not freeze it or expose it to sunlight.
You should not stop using the drug unless recommended by the doctor. It is advised to consult the doctor before discontinuing the medicine.
Do not alter the dose of ILADAC L Capsule without consulting the doctor as it increases the risk of side effects.
You must avoid the intake of spicy foods and meat while on ILADAC L Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.