What is IBSET 5mcg Tablet used for?
IBSET 5mcg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of
- diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome in adult men
- nausea and vomiting associated with carcinostatic drugs
IBSET 5mcg Tablet injection is indicated for the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting.
IBSET 5mcg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IBSET 5mcg Tablet work?
IBSET 5mcg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called 5HT-3 receptor antagonists. This drug exhibits anti-emetic property by blocking the serotonin receptors in the nerve endings in the gastrointestinal mucosa. It also acts by controlling the peristaltic movements.
How to use IBSET 5mcg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use IBSET 5mcg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- IBSET 5mcg Tablet injection is administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of IBSET 5mcg Tablet tablet , please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with IBSET 5mcg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with IBSET 5mcg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IBSET 5mcg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of IBSET 5mcg Tablet:
- Hot flushes
- Numbness of tongue
- Hepatic dysfunction
The following are the most common side effects of IBSET 5mcg Tablet injection:
- Redness at the site of injection
- Increased blood urea nitrogen
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking IBSET 5mcg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IBSET 5mcg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of IBSET 5mcg Tablet medication.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use IBSET 5mcg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using IBSET 5mcg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal disease or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about IBSET 5mcg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of IBSET 5mcg Tablet medicine?
- Can I suggest IBSET 5mcg Tablet tablet to a person with same symptoms?
- How should IBSET 5mcg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking IBSET 5mcg Tablet?
No. Altering the dose of IBSET 5mcg Tablet can increase the risk of side effects. However, consult your doctor about dose adjustment if you feel better.
No. It is not advisable to suggest IBSET 5mcg Tablet to others, as the severity of the condition may differ in every individual. Please consult your doctor.
IBSET 5mcg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and excess moisture.
Yes, you must undergo liver function tests on a regular basis while taking IBSET 5mcg Tablet.