Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
HYVISC Injection 10ml
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is HYVISC Injection used for?
HYVISC Injection injection is used for the treatment of joint disorders such as osteoarthritis. It is also used during certain eye surgeries such as cataract removal and corneal transplantation. HYVISC Injection is a natural substance found in fluids in the eyes and joints.
HYVISC Injection gel is used to treat skin problems such as burns, skin ulcers, and ageing skin.
HYVISC Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HYVISC Injection work?
HYVISC Injection belongs to the class of drugs called tissue lubricants. This drug acts by increasing the viscosity between the tissues and enables better wound healing. It also decreases tissue abrasion and eases joint movement. It also acts by creating a viscoelastic layer in the eye and providing mechanical protection to the cells and tissues of the eye during the cataract surgery.
How to use HYVISC Injection?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use HYVISC Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- HYVISC Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- For topical application, wash your hands and apply a thin layer of HYVISC Injection gel over the affected area of the skin and rub it gently.
What are the drugs that interact with HYVISC Injection?
Drugs that interact with HYVISC Injection injection include the following:
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Cetylpyridinium chloride
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HYVISC Injection?
The following are the most common side effects of HYVISC Injection injection:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest compactness
- Knee inflammation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving HYVISC Injection?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on HYVISC Injection.
- Avoid HYVISC Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HYVISC Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not perform any physical activity that can increase stress over joints for at least 48 hours after receiving the injection.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HYVISC Injection?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye disorders, joint disorders, skin infections or skin disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about HYVISC Injection
- How should HYVISC Injection gel be stored?
- How long can I use HYVISC Injection gel?
- How long does HYVISC Injection injection take to show its effect?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving HYVISC Injection?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HYVISC Injection?
Store HYVISC Injection gel at room temperature (25 – 30OC) and avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
Use HYVISC Injection gel as prescribed by the physician. Avoid an overdose of the drug.
HYVISC Injection injection may produce the effect within 3 – 5 minutes of administration. However, when applied to the skin, HYVISC Injection may take half a day to produce its effect.
No, monitoring of any laboratory parameters is not advised while on HYVISC Injection medication.
No, altering the dose of HYVISC Injection is not advised unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.