What is HYTRIN 1mg Tablet used for?
HYTRIN 1mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension. It is also used to treat the symptoms associated with benign prostate hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).
HYTRIN 1mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HYTRIN 1mg Tablet work?
HYTRIN 1mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the alpha blockers. This drug acts by relaxing the muscles of prostate and bladder, which results in the improved urine outflow. It also acts by widening the blood vessels, which results in decreased blood pressure.
How to take HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take HYTRIN 1mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at the bedtime.
If you miss a dose of HYTRIN 1mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with HYTRIN 1mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of HYTRIN 1mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Joint pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of lower legs or feet
- Weight gain
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HYTRIN 1mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid HYTRIN 1mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take HYTRIN 1mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low blood pressure and eye problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of HYTRIN 1mg Tablet before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about HYTRIN 1mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
- Can I drive after taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of HYTRIN 1mg Tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure and urinalysis while taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet.
If you experience drowsiness taking HYTRIN 1mg Tablet, you must avoid driving.
HYTRIN 1mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with cataract surgery, continuous painful erection and blood pressure drop while rising from a supine position.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.