HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet used for?
HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet is used for the treatment of low levels of sodium in the blood in patients with heart failure and hormone imbalances.
HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet work?
HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called vasopressin receptor antagonists. This drug acts by blocking the action of certain receptors in the renal collecting ducts and preventing reabsorption of water. This helps in lowering the urine osmolality and increasing the retention of sodium.
How to take HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet may include:
- Increased thirst
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet:
- Increased thirst
- Dry mouth
- Excessive urination
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black or tarry stools
- Coughing up blood
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face/throat
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Limit the use of alcoholic beverages while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication.
- Consult your doctor before taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Increase the amount of fluid intake while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, liver disease or kidney dysfunction.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication?
- Is it common to experience diarrhoea while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication?
- How should HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet be stored?
Avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication.
Yes. Diarrhoea is one of the most common side effects of HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication. Consult your doctor immediately if it lasts for more than 2 days.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly while taking HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet.
HYPONAT O 15mg Tablet medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.