What is HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops used for?
HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops cream is used for the treatment of skin ulcer and burns.
HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of dry eyes.
HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops injection/tablet is used for the treatment of knee pain due to osteoarthritis.
HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops work?
HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called lubricants. The drug acts by lubricating and improving the viscosity of the tissues.
How to use HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops cream/eye drops/injection/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops cream to the affected area and rub gently.
- Instil one or two HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
- HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops include the following:
- Ferrous gluconate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops cream :
- Redness of skin
The most common side effects of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops eye drops is swelling of eyelids.
The following are the most common side effects of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops tablet :
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the most common side effects of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops injection :
- Pain at the site of injection
- Swelling of knee
- Skin irritation at the site of injection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to use HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops.
Frequently Asked Questions about HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops
- How should HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it common to experience trouble in walking while using HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops injection?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops?
HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes. Trouble in walking is one of the common side effects of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops injection. Please consult your doctor if the condition gets worse.
No. It is not advised to alter the dose of HYMOIST 5mg Eye Drops without doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.