HUMINSULIN N Cartridge 1x3ml
What is HUMINSULIN N Cartridge used for?
HUMINSULIN N Cartridge , is an intermediate-acting insulin used in controlling and maintaining blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
HUMINSULIN N Cartridge may also prescribe for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HUMINSULIN N Cartridge work?
HUMINSULIN N Cartridge belongs to the class of anti-diabetic drugs. HUMINSULIN N Cartridge acts by reducing the blood glucose levels in the body.
How to administer HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
HUMINSULIN N Cartridge is available as injection. Clean the site of injection with alcohol and inject the medication as directed by the physician. Avoid rubbing the area after injection.
If you miss a dose of HUMINSULIN N Cartridge , then administer it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of HUMINSULIN N Cartridge may include:
- Intense nightmares
- Loss of consciousness
What are the drugs that interact with HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
Drugs that interact with HUMINSULIN N Cartridge include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
The following are the most common side effects of HUMINSULIN N Cartridge :
- Mild rash
- Thickening of skin at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Weight gain
- Swelling in hands or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Leg cramps
- Irregular heartbeats
- Muscle weakness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
- Avoid using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge if any allergic reactions experienced with the previous use.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, as alcohol increases the risk of severe hypoglycaemia while using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge .
- Use HUMINSULIN N Cartridge exactly as prescribed by the physician. Do not over dose it.
- Consult the doctor immediately on experiencing any unusual symptoms while using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge if experiencing drowsiness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of thyroid, heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about HUMINSULIN N Cartridge
- How should HUMINSULIN N Cartridge be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
- I am on HUMINSULIN N Cartridge , for diabetes. Can I stop the drug if symptoms subside?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
- Can I take oral anti-diabetic drugs while using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge ?
Store unused HUMINSULIN N Cartridge in a refrigerator between 2 – 8OC, and used HUMINSULIN N Cartridge should be stored at room temperature below 30OC.
Fasting blood sugar and haemoglobin levels must be monitor regularly while using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge .
No. Do not stop receiving HUMINSULIN N Cartridge even if symptoms do not appear, stopping this medication increases the risk of blood glucose levels.
No. Do not change the dose of HUMINSULIN N Cartridge , unless suggested by the doctor.
No. Do not take oral anti-diabetic drugs while using HUMINSULIN N Cartridge , concomitant use of these drugs increases the risk of heart diseases.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.